The Registration for the Second Arab Land Conference is now open!
The Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt is pleased to announce the Second Arab Land Conference to be organized under the patronage of the Egyptian Minister of Housing, Utilities and Urban Communities. The Conference will be organized by the Housing and Building National Research Centre represented by the Urban Training and Studies Institute (UTI) in partnership with UN-Habitat, the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN), the World Bank, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), and the Dubai Land Department.
The Conference will allow both in-person and virtual attendance and will take place on the 22, 23 and 24th February 2021 in Cairo, Egypt. The Conference marks an important milestone in the roadmap towards establishing good land governance in the Arab region. The Conference will promote good land management and land administration by focusing on the priorities of the Arab Land Initiative: promote collaboration and coordination; develop and share knowledge; develop capacities of individuals and organizations; and support the implementation of land-related programmes and interventions.
The Conference will be a platform to discuss countries experiences, present new research, foster high-level support and ownership to tackle land governance and to empower and develop the capacities of the land stakeholders from the region. Experts and practitioners will have the opportunity to submit and present papers relevant to the eight topics of the conference:
- Land management and administration: tools and practices
- Land and property registration: modernization and reform
- Land management in time of crisis: conflicts, climate change and epidemics
- Access to land for women and vulnerable groups: successful practices and lessons learnt
- Efficient land use: tools and practices
- Technologies and smart solutions: enhancing land management, land development and construction
- Private sector participation: policies and practices
- Capacity development: successes and gaps
Partners will have the opportunity to organize masterclasses, side events and special sessions at the margins of the Conference.
For more information visit https://arabstates.gltn.net/ or click on the concept note below.