The aim of this financial support mechanism is to facilitate the implementation by NELGA partner institutions of punctual activities to help establish and sustain the network of excellence. It is designed as a flexible financial mechanism so that it can support a range of activity as wide as possible, for instance:
- Support for curriculum development and/or review missions;
- Support for the organization of policy dialogue fora;
- Support for the organization of masterclass / policy workshop.
Based on this financial support mechanism, specialized calls for each region are issued on a regular basis. NELGA partner institution are strongly invited to answer these calls. But they are also very much encouraged to take the initiative to develop their own ideas for activities and submit their request for financial support.
- Necessary and appropriate expenditure related to the tenure of the activity
- Travel and subsistence costs for project personnel in accordance with the German Federal Travel Expenses Act (economy class flights, second class rail travel: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/brkg_2005/BJNR141810005.html)
- Fees for external lecturers and speakers of up to €250 for a full-day assignment according to the fee scale of the Federal Academy of Public Administration (BAköV)
- Travel and subsistence costs for external lecturers and speakers according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Act (economy class flights, second class rail travel: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/brkg_2005/BJNR141810005.html)
Sponsoring of participants
- Cost of travel to the event location according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Act (economy class flights, second class rail travel, organised according to the cheapest options available)
- Subsistence costs for the duration of the event (€96 per day for academics / €89 per day for junior academics) for accommodation and meals according to the DAAD scholarship manual
- Refund of required and verified visa and vaccination expenses
- Costs of health insurance for the duration of the stay
Additional staff expenses
- Wages of academic staff / assistants and/or students for no longer than the approval period
- Activity planning, preparation, implementation, follow-up and performance monitoring
Preparatory and coordination trips, liability insurance and the services of internal speakers or scholarship holders / alumni are not eligible for funding.
Funding period and financing: Six months for an event lasting between one and 14 days. The funding will be provided as full funding.
The application is to be submitted in writing by post or electronically as a PDF.
It must include:
- A detailed description of the activity: the description must explicitly indicate the objectives (concrete and measurable) of the activity. These objectives must be closely related to the mission and objectives of NELGA. In the case of follow-up applications, details must be provided explaining how existing objectives are to be pursued further.
- A detailed schedule of all planned measures
- Evidence of existing/initiated contacts with partners (if applicable)
- Detailed description of planned follow up activities / consolidation measures (if applicable)
- Detailed description of the selection process of prospective sponsored participants (Appointment and composition of selection committee, selection criteria and procedure…). The outcome of the selection process will have to be documented and recorded.
Applications can be handed in at any time, but at least three months before the intended tenure of the activity.
The most important selection criteria are:
- A complete application
- Inclusion of specific, measurable objectives which are directly related to the mandate and objectives of NELGA
- Convincing description of plans for networking and network expansion
- Incorporation in existing or pending internationalization strategy
- Description of sustainability and consolidation of measures