What measures will be funded?
We invite NELGA partners in Eastern Africa (e.g. university departments with a link to the areas of land governance, land management/administration and agriculture) to apply for funding for small measures related to curriculum development and review of land-related courses. This funding is part of the general open call for NELGA accompanying measures as attached.
Measures eligible for funding:
- Costs related to conducting needs assessments for curriculum development and review at your institutions;
- Personnel resources for implementing and coordinating curriculum development and review;
- Events such as stakeholder workshops;
- Travel costs related to those events;
- Material expenses and printing costs;
The budget of the measure should not exceed 10.000 USD for curriculum development and review and 6.000 USD for needs assessments and stakeholder workshops.
Submitting an application
The application is to be submitted in writing by post or electronically as a PDF and must include:
- A description of the project including concrete measurable objectives;
- A schedule of all planned measures as well as a detailed budget;
- Evidence of existing/initiated contacts with partners, where applicable;
Selection of applications:
A DAAD commission will assess the funding applications. The criteria for the selection of funding applications are as follows:
- A complete application;
- Inclusion of specific, measurable objectives which are directly related to the program objectives;
- Convincing description of plans for networking and network expansion;
- Description of sustainability and consolidation of measures.
The following aspects are relevant for the selection of proposals for curriculum development and review:
- Curricula that have a strong governance focus as well as a regional outreach;
- Inclusion of female experts in the curriculum development process and inclusion of gender-related topics;
- Digital solutions and virtual training formats;
- Cooperation with other NELGA partner universities.
Applications for the NELGA-DAAD accompanying measures may be submitted throughout the year. For this specialized call for funding for curriculum development and review we invite you to apply before the 30th of April 2018.
For more information, please click here.